According to an article in The Hollywood Reporter, while South Koreans see an average of 11.4 movies per year, "women between 19 and 23 watched the most movies in theaters, paying for an average of 19.1 films per year. Men between 24 and 29 followed, seeing 17.1 movies per year". The publication referenced the source as a recent survey conducted by the Korean Film Council which covered 2,000 Koreans between the ages of 15 and 49.
Notably 47% of respondents stated that they prefer to see Korean movies in theaters, compared to 38.1% for Hollywood movies. The most popular genre of movies seen in cinemas was Action.
The article also points out that almost 27.5% of Koreans said their top leisure activity was going to a movie theater.
Source : korean-content.com/20...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Rain, Jeon Do-yeon, and Lee Beom-soo to Win at Seoul 2011 Art Awards
Singer "Rain" and actors Jeon Do-yeon and Lee Beom-soo have been selected as the winners of the 2n,...More
Popular 'Running Man' Television Show Brings Back Childhood Memories
Do you recall playing tag with your friends back in childhood? Do you remember the moments of thri,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
*** Giveaways ***