The 17th Busan International Film Festival will be held for 10 days from Oct. 4 to 13. A total of 304 films from 75 countries will be screened at 37 screens at Busan Cinema Center in Haeundae and seven theaters in downtown Busan.
"Cold War", co-directed by Longman Leung and Sunny Luk from Hong Kong, was selected as the opening film, while "Television" by Mostofa Sarwar Farooki of Bangladesh was named as the official curtain-closer.
Actor Ahn Sung-ki and Chinese actress Tang Wei, who starred in "Late Autumn - 2010" with Hyun Bin, will host the opening ceremony, while director Bang Eun-jin and actor Lee Je-hoon will wrap up the festival.
As a special program for this year's event, five animations for young children will be screened. To reserve tickets for any of the films, please call 1666-9177.
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
Kim Ki-duk's Pieta Sold to Foreign Distributors in Toronto
South Korean film director Kim Ki-duk's award-winning movie "Pieta" has been sold to foreign distr,...More
Brian Joins Star-Studded Cast Of New Broadway-Style Musical
Former Fly To The Sky singer Brian Joo will be joining quite the impressive lineup of award-winnin,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.