"Masquerade" has attracted over 1 million viewers in just four days since it was released Thursday.
According to box office data supplied by the Korean Film Council, the film starring Lee Byung-hun drew 1,281,304 moviegoers as of Sunday. The film revolves around Gwanghaegun, the 15th king of the Chosun Dynasty who was dethroned in a coup.
It sold 417,624 tickets on Sunday to rank top of the daily box office charts. "Resident Evil 5: Retribution" ranked second with 84,225 tickets sold, followed by "Pieta", "The Bourne Legacy", "Wolf Children" and "The Traffickers", in that order.
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
K-Pop Festival in Incheon Promotes 2014 Asian Games
The nation's largest K-pop festival took place at Munhak World Cup Stadium in Incheon on Sept. 9. ,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.