Banks and other financial institutions are seeing a steep decline in the number of counter customers thanks to the surge in online and mobile transactions.
According to the Industry Skills Council on Wednesday, 395,775 people worked at financial institutions as of the end of last year, down 8,033 from late 2012.
Bank workers accounted for the biggest portion at 131,981, followed by staff in agricultural cooperatives, insurance companies and brokerages.
The number of financial institutions stood at 2,938, increasing by 12 since the end of 2012. But branches dwindled by 1,875 over the period as business went online.
The trend is only expected to accelerate.
Source : english.chosun.com/si...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
How to Enjoy Green Plums Without Poisoning Yourself
Green plums are popular in Korea for their supposed medicine-like benefits that help ease stomacha,...More
Moon Proposes Joint Hosting of World Cup with N.Korea, China, Japan
President Moon Jae-in poses with FIFA President Gianni Infantino at Cheong Wa Dae in Seoul on Mond,...More
Korea's Sunwoo Ye-kwon Wins Van Cliburn Piano Competition
Sunwoo Ye-kwon competes in the 15th Van Cliburn International Piano Competition in Fort Worth, Tex,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.