More than 100-million households around the world can now watch Arirang TV, the milestone comes just 15 years after the station first aired programs for foreign residents in Korea.
In celebration of the feat, a special ceremony was held on Wednesday night at the 63 Building in Seoul, with key officials and politicians in attendance.
Media experts discussed the importance of global broadcasters like Arirang TV which are increasingly engaged in promoting their nations, such as China's CCTV News, Japan's NHK World, and France 24.
Arirang TV launched overseas services in 13 countries in the Asia-Pacific region in 1999, when it reached seven million homes.
Now over 100-million homes in 188 countries receive the station.
Reporter : firstname.lastname@example.org
Source : www.arirang.co.kr/New...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
Children's Book Illustrator Turns Talents to Charity, Fashion
The illustrations of Kim Seung-youn are usually found in children's books, but they now fi,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.