Global celebrities will walk the red carpet as this year's Busan International Film Festival takes place from Oct. 2 to 11.
BIFF director Lee Yong-kwan on Tuesday said this year's festival will take place on 33 screens in seven cinemas, featuring 314 films from 79 countries.
Speaking to reporters at the Korea Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Seoul, Lee said, "We made special efforts to discover films from all corners of Asia, from Lebanon to Nepal, so this year's festival features many films from newcomer countries like Vietnam".
This year's festival will host a number of global celebrities including Japanese actor Ken Watanabe, Chinese director Zhang Yimou, and Australian actress Teresa Palmer. Chinese actress Tang Wei, who recently married Korean director Kim Tae-yong, will attend the gala presentation of the film "The Golden Era".
The festival will kick off with the Taiwanese war romance "Paradise in Service" directed by Doze Niu. A Hong Kong action movie, "Gangster Pay Day" by Lee Bo-cheung, has been selected as the closing film.
Source : english.chosun.com/si...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.