Film director Kim Tae-yong will take on a new challenge, directing a Korean traditional music performance.
Kim will direct a musical titled "Kkokdu", which is intended for foreign audiences, that will run at the National Gugak Center in Seoul from Oct. 4 to 22. It targets visitors ahead of the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang.
Kkokdu means a wooden marionette used for decorating a bier.
"It will be a musical that combines dance, singing, and Korean traditional music", said a staffer at the center.
Kim, who is married to Chinese actress Tang Wei, has long shown his affection for Korean traditional music, including pansori or one-person narrative song.
Source : english.chosun.com/si...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
How to Enjoy Green Plums Without Poisoning Yourself
Green plums are popular in Korea for their supposed medicine-like benefits that help ease stomacha,...More
Moon Proposes Joint Hosting of World Cup with N.Korea, China, Japan
President Moon Jae-in poses with FIFA President Gianni Infantino at Cheong Wa Dae in Seoul on Mond,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.