2017/04/13 | 1379 views | | Permalink
Joo Won's agency has been quick to deny media reports that he would be enlisting for mandatory military service on May 16. Though, the assumption is that the actor will join sometime in May.
Perhaps, Joo Won's agency wishes to keep the public's attention on his upcoming sageuk, "My Sassy Girl - Drama", based on the 2001 hit film, "My Sassy Girl". The SBS drama wrapped filming in March, and will air in May, presumably just as Joo Won is expected to start his military service.
Joo Won is obviously sensitive to the PR implications of army duty. He had applied to join the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency's public relations unit, known as the cushy place for celebrities to serve out their term, but ended up opting out. He will now be serving active duty military service instead, much to the approval of Korean netizens.
JK of Noonas Over Forks
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
[Interview] "Suspicious Partner" Ji Chang-wook goes to the same salon as Nam Ji-hyun
Actor Ji Chang-wook is coming back as a romantic comedy king. Actor Ji Chang-wook was interviewed,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.