Real estate holdings accounted for a whopping 74 percent of net household assets here as of last year, according to the Bank of Korea on Wednesday. In the U.S., U.K. and Japan the ratio stands at only between 35 to 55 percent.
The BOK said the total national wealth stood at W13.1 quadrillion as of the end of 2016, up 5.8 percent from the previous year (US$1=W1,127).
Of that, household net assets stood at W7.54 quadrillion, state assets at W3.54 quadrillion, non-financial corporations at W1.72 quadrillion and financial corporations at W275.6 trillion.
And among household assets, real estate holdings including homes, commercial buildings and land were W5.58 quadrillion, 74 percent of the total.
Source : english.chosun.com/si...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
Filmmaker Kim Tae-yong to Tackle Traditional Music
Film director Kim Tae-yong will take on a new challenge, directing a Korean traditional music perf,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.