NewsLetter DailyWeekly
My HanCinema | Sign up, Why ? Your E-mail   Password    Auto| Help
HanCinema :: The Korean Movie and Drama Database, discover the South Korean cinema and drama diversity Contact HanCinema HanCinema on TwitterFaceBook HanCinema PageHanCinema on Twitter

[Interview #2] Song Il-gook's 3 colors, "I am a 80% triplet's daddy"

2016/03/30 Source

Song Il-gook is father to triplets Dae-han, Min-guk and Man-se. He married his wife in 2008 and they had triplets 4 years later in 2012. The father and sons starred in the KBS 2TV show "The Return of the Superman" for a while.

"The triplets are the greatest gift of my life"

Song Il-gook loves his triplets. He talked mostly about them during the interview. "Thanks to them I am more responsible as an actor and I have a friendlier image. I wouldn't be here today without them".

"I thought a lot about starring in "The Return of the Superman". I worried that show wouldn't have a good influence on my children. My wife thought the same. I asked Yoo Dong-geun for advice and he said I should do it. He said I would earn more from the TV show and in fact the triplets got so much love I owe so much to the show".

"I am not afraid of anything after becoming a father. I used to be picky about work before my children. I wanted to look cool and cared a lot about my image. However, marriage and my children have changed the way I think".

"I can do anything with the energy my children give me. It's the pressure of being a father. I am happy as a father and I love being called, 'the triplets dad' instead of 'actor Song Il-gook'".

"There are ups and downs of being in a TV show. However, "The Return of the Superman" was the best thing that ever happened to me. The best broadcasting team captured my children's best moments on tape. It's going to mean a lot to them in the future. I am just waiting for the time when I can watch "The Return of the Superman" again with my grown triplets".

Song Il-gook and his boys stepped down from the show on the 7th of February but they can be seen on Song Il-gook's SNS. He posts everyday pictures of the triplets himself. The triplets' exclusive SNS has more than a million followers. Fans even presented Song Il-gook with a better phone so that he can take better pictures of the triplets.

About his goal in life, Song Il-gook said, "I want to be a proud father and a good husband. It's nothing fancy but it takes a lot to stick by what you have".

"Raising children is hard. I am only 80% good enough to be a daddy. The other 20% isn't easy to fill up. But one thing is for sure and that's for the parents to be happy for the children to be happy".

Source :

Copy & paste guideline for this article
Always put a link back to the source and HanCinema permalink

Creative Commons License"[Interview #2] Song Il-gook's 3 colors, "I am a 80% triplet's daddy""
by HanCinema is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work from this source

Attention You're reading the news with potential spoilers, make them spoiler free, dismiss



 Previous news

Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$0.99 monthly or US$7.99 yearly (you can cancel anytime). The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.


Remove ads

Sign up




Visible, hide

Learn to read Korean in 90 minutes or less using visual associations