Actor Jang Dong-gun will appear in a melodrama opposite Chinese actresses Zhang Ziyi and Cecilia Cheung. The three Asia superstars are set to appear together in Hur Jin-ho's "Dangerous Liaisons", for which production begins at the end of the month.
The movie is based on the 18th-century French novel of the same name. It is about a risque love triangle between one man and two women and will take place in 1930s Shanghai for this film adaptation. Director Lee Jae-yong previously directed a version set in the 18th-century Joseon Kingdom (1392-1910) starring Bae Yong-joon, Jeon Do-yeon and Lee Mi-sook.
Hur is best known for directing top stars in mellow romances featuring such as "One Fine Spring Day" (Lee Young-ae and Yoo Ji-tae), "Happiness" (Im Soo-jung and Hwang Jung-min) and "Season of Good Rain" (Chinese actress Gao Yuanyuan and Jung Woo-sung).
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.