Chinese members of manufactured Korean girl bands on Wednesday posted messages on social media protesting against the UN arbitration court's ruling that China has no rights in disputed areas of the South China Sea.
Victoria of f(x) posted a map of the South China Sea on Instagram and Weibo and wrote, "China cannot shrink by the slightest bit".
The map showed not only all of China but also Taiwan and the South China Sea swathed in red.
Chinese celebrities like actress Fan Bingbing have also rushed to display their patriotism with an eye firmly on their fan base.
The Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague concluded that China has no historical rights to the South China Sea with its abundant fishing grounds and key shipping lanes.
The case was filed by the Philippines, which opposes what it perceives as Beijing's encroachment on its territorial rights.
China has built a man-made island and military installations on some submerged shoals in the area between the Philippines and Indonesia to justify its territorial claim.
Source : english.chosun.com/si...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.