After three years of exponential growth, KCON 2015 USA presented by Toyota (www.kconusa.com) expanded for the first time to a bicoastal event, with three days of panels, workshops, and star-studded k-pop concerts held at the Los Angeles Convention Center and Staples Center in LA, in addition to a one day convention and concert held at the Prudential Center in the New York metro area. Over 75,000 fans of Korean entertainment and culture attended KCON 2015 USA, with 58,000 fans converging on the flagship event in LA, and another 17,000 celebrating KCON's arrival to the east coast.
This year's KCON boasted appearances by leading Korean acting talent such as Kim Soo-hyun, Daniel Henney, and Ki Hong Lee, along with musical performances by the biggest names in k-pop, including Girls' Generation, Super Junior, Shinhwa, AOA, GOT7, Sistar, Zion. T & Crush, and more.
Television specials of the concerts will be shown in the U.S. by Mnet America (www.mnetamerica.com), the first and leading 24/7 English-language TV network for fans of Asian pop culture. The two-hour special "M COUNTDOWN Feelz in LA" debuts Saturday, August 15 at 3:00pm ET, and the one-hour special "M COUNTDOWN Feelz in NY" debuts Monday, August 17 at 5:00pm ET.
KCON 2015 USA, co-produced by CJ E&M and its global music channel Mnet, offers fans the chance to experience "All Things Hallyu", from artist meet and greets to k-pop dance choreography classes, beauty workshops, k-drama panels, Korean cuisine, and much more.
- 75,000 fans from across the country and around the world attended this year, up 35,000 from last year's attendance numbers.
- High-octane performances by 13 of Korea's hottest k-pop acts played to exuberant crowds. This year's concerts featured: AOA, Block B, Girls' Generation, GOT7, MONSTA X, Red Velvet, Roy Kim, Sistar, Shinhwa, Super Junior, TEEN TOP, VIXX, and Zion. T & Crush
- More than 227 special guests participated, including star guests Kim Soo-hyun ("My Love From Another Star"), Daniel Henney ("X-Men Origins: Wolverine"), Son Ho-jun ("Answer Me 1994"), and Ki Hong Lee ("The Maze Runner"), as well as singer Eric Nam and supermodel/ 'It' girl Irene Kim.
- 127 programs and activities were offered, including very popular k-beauty sessions led by specialists from Korean cosmetic retailers and k-beauty Youtube stars such as Ssinnm, Beautifymeeh, Sunny's Channel, and Lamuge.
- 154 companies including sponsors, labels, and special merchandise booths participated this year. KCON 2015 USA was presented by Toyota.
- 40 small- and medium-sized Korean companies were present at KCON LA. They showcased products like Korean language education programs and k-pop artist character goods, and held export consulting sessions with American business buyers invited by the Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency.
Once again, the event highlighted the reach of K-pop and Hallyu well beyond the Asian American community, which made up less than half of KCON USA's attendees – the majority being a multi-cultural representation of K-culture fandom. Additionally, more than 70 percent of KCON USA attendees were female, with nearly 70 percent ages 24 and younger.
Source : www.kconusa.com/...Copy & paste guideline for this article
"KCON 2015 USA Rocked both Coasts with over 75,000 in Attendance in Its Fourth Year"
by HanCinema is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work from this source
Song Joong-ki joins charity soccer club, Smile FC, "I'm an average man, who likes soccer, glad to participate in this for good cause".
On August 10th, a ceremony to celebrate the kickoff of Korea's first charity soccer club, Smile FC,...More
Park Seo-joon and Hwang Jung-eum's 'She Was Pretty' holds first script reading
MBC's new Wednesday & Thursday drama, 'She was Beautiful' has unveiled snaps from their first ,...More
'Scholar Who Walks the Night' Behind the scenes photos from Lee Joon-gi and Lee Yoo-bi's bathtub scene
On August 10th, 'Scholar Who Walks the Night' has unveiled the behind the scenes photos from Seong,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$0.99 monthly or US$7.99 yearly (you can cancel anytime). The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.