[HanCinema's Film Review] "Sermon on the Mount" 2018/01/06,
Director Daehae is a Buddhist nun. This may be seem counter-intuitive, given that "Sermon on the Mount" is, as the title implies, a movie about Christian theology. The runtime consists almost entirely of a bunch of seminary students sitting around in a cave casually discussing and debating various liturgy. There are frequent references to the more arcane aspects of religious belief, simplified into relatable analogies of great use to the believer and the non-believer alike,...More
[HanCinema's Film Review] "Zombie School" 2014/07/29,
Generally speaking I don't consider the festival environment to be an optimum one in which to watch movies- the temptation to watch way too many movies in a single day is really tempting, and it's easy to get fatigued by the constant reappearance of certain stupid tropes. "Zombie School" is an odd piece of work. Watching it at the Bucheon International Film Festival this year, I realized this is the rare film that works better in an oversaturated marathon film environment than anywhere else,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.