Bucheon comic fair enters digital era 2011/08/16, Source, By Chung Ah-young
The 14th Bucheon International Comics Festival (BICOF) starts Wednesday under the concept, "Smartoon", a combination of the words of "smart" and "cartoon", at the Korea Manhwa Museum and Bucheon Media and Culture Complex through Aug. 21.
This year's festival highlights the potential and wide range of comics in the digital era and introduces foreign works of digital comics. The event explores the past, present and future of Korean digital comics.
The exhibition consists of five themes ― Pioneers of Digital Comics; Hyung Min-woo and Priest; the Digital Restoration of the Ninth Myth; Present Conditions of Korean Digital Comics; and Digital Comics Technique,...More
Show off true value in various fields such as films, musicals, dramas, online games, etc.Korean comics have come under the spotlight as a source material for pop culture including films, musicals, dramas and games.
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.