[REVIEW] MBC TV series "Pasta" 2010/02/10, Source,
Actors Lee Sun-kyun (left) and Gong Hyo-jin in a scene from "Pasta" [MBC]
By Wee Geun-woo
Like many television dramas about working professionals, MBC TV series "Pasta", which features an Italian food chef, is ultimately about romance in the kitchen. Even though the uptight chef Hyun-wook (played by Lee Sun-kyun) proclaims, "There will be no women in my kitchen", he will make Yu-kyung (Gong Hyo-jin) fall for him by becoming her mentor in times of crisis and Yu-kyung will not hesitate to express her emotions to him. What makes their predictable story interesting is that the kitchen -- where the two play mind games with each other -- is not just a physical setting for the show but also where their public and social relationships exist. So to describe the show accurately, "Pasta" is a story which talks about the difficulties of handling romance in the kitchen.,...More
This year's lineup of dramas proved to be interesting. There were young, handsome characters attracting female fans ("Boys over Flowers", KBS), smart housewives took over households and offices (",...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.