Directed by Kim Ki-duk (김기덕)
Screenplay by Kim Ki-duk (김기덕)100min | Release date in South Korea : 1998/10/31
After the clearing of prostitution districts in Seoul, Jin-Ah sets out to Birdcage Inn in Po-Hang. The owner has a daughter in
college named Hea-Mi, and son in high school, Hyun-Woo. Hea-Mi despises Jin-Ah for having been a prostitute, and they begin to have problems. Jin-Ah happens to spend a night together with Hea-Mi's boyfriend, and the situation collapses when Hyun-Woo and his father begin to fight. Being in their prime, these two girls have conflicting lives; Jin-Ah sells sex but is free fro it while Hea-Mi is closed and hypocritical about sex. The situation becomes critical when a nude picture of Jin-Ah leads to scandal and an attempted suicide. Just before everything falls apart, the girls begin to discover that they have many things in common, and the sex that alienated one from the other turns into a mediating factor for reconciliation. In the end, Hea-Mi plans a shocking event for Jin-Ah that fills Birdcage Inn with heart-felt friendship.
Watch NowOn DramaFever if available
|100 min •35mm|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.