The family is always oblivious of the ‘individual’ while the state often manipulates the ‘family’. Then, the individual occasionally loses oneself in the name of state and family. Twenty-something Se-young, thirty-something Kyung-eun, and forty-something Kyung-soon all try to find the true meaning of their existence within a family that constantly violates the self while Vincent, an American adoptee, mocks Korea’s ‘blood relations obsessed’ society.
7th JIFF Wrap-up and Awards 2006/05/30, Source, The 7th Jeonju International Film Festival wrapped Friday May 5th after a 9 day run. Unlike the frenetically paced and glamour-intensive Pusan International Film Festival, JIFF offered movie-goers a leisurely and audience-friendly atmosphere along with innovative programming from the world of indepe,...More
The 7th Jeonju International Film Festival wrapped Friday May 5th after a nine-day run. Unlike the frenetically paced and glamour-intensive Pusan International Film Festival, JIFF offered movie-goers a leisurely and audience-friendly atmosphere along,...More
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
To participate to HanCinema, you must sign up or log in. Sign up, Why ?
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.