Directed by Hong Sang-soo (홍상수)
Screenplay by Hong Sang-soo (홍상수)108min | Release date in South Korea : 1998/04/04
It's another hot humid summer in Seoul and a trip to the mountain and temples of Kangwon province could be just the thing to revive the spirit in the aftermath of a breakup. On the rebound from a love affair with Sang-kwon, her married university professor, Ji-sook joins two girlfriends on a trip to Kangwon province. Although Ji-sook is the only woman he's ever loved, Sang-kwon seems to have moved on and is now searching for a tenured position. His trip to Kangwon province coincides with Ji-sook's, and up in the mountains, they are brushed with the same tragedy. Both also have drunken spats with friends and indulge in joyless flirtations. Ji-sook meets a friendly policeman she later returns to visit and Sang-kwon, who has missed a rendezvous with a beautiful woman, ends up having unsatisfying sex with a prostitute. Ultimately, both leave Kangwon lonelier than ever.
Watch NowOn DramaFever if available
|108 min •35mm|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.