Mnet America's New Reality Series #mykpop Searches for the Biggest K-pop Superfans in America
Published on | Source
Six passionate K-Pop fans will be chosen to star as cast of #mykpop
Following their journey to KCON 2013 in LA 8/24-25
Mnet America, a youth entertainment brand for all things Asian cool, is calling upon the biggest K-pop fans in the country to audition for the cast of its new reality series #mykpop airing this Fall. This series will document the K-Pop boom that has been occurring worldwide following the lives of six chosen cast members. The series will end with these six cast members flying to Los Angeles to take part in North America's biggest Korean pop culture convention and concert, KCON 2013. Produced by Mnet America, KCON 2013 will take place August 24- 25, 2013 at the Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena.
Interested K-Pop fans can audition to be one of six special #mykpop cast members by following the submission guidelines below:
1. Applicants should show through photos or videos that they are the most unique and enthusiastic K-pop fan ever and what makes K-pop so special to them.
2. Through photos or videos, applicants should show where and how they watch Mnet America: On TV at home? On a laptop or iPad at the library?
3. In a paragraph applicants should explain the story behind their love for K-pop; how they discovered K-pop; what they love about K-pop; how it affects their daily life; and what makes them the most interesting and passionate K-pop fan.
4. If chosen for the second round, candidates will participate in a brief phone interview with Mnet America.
5. Submit all materials to email@example.com.
More information can be found at Facebook.com/hashtagmykpop. The deadline for submission is July 19, 2013. Rules and conditions apply.