Netmarble Games' latest mobile role-playing game ranked first on the day of its release in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau on Wednesday.
It launched "Lineage 2: Revolution" in 11 Asian countries, and it immediately shot to the top on Apple's App Store in the three and ranked second in Thailand, Singapore and the Philippines. Only in Malaysia it ranked a comparatively modest ninth.
The game is an offshoot using characters from NCsoft's online game "Lineage 2", which has reached W206 billion in sales within a month of its launch late last year (US$1=W1,127).
"We have optimistic expectations about the success of the game as we received more than 3 million pre-orders even before the launch in the Southeast Asian market", a company spokesman said.
Netmarble plans to launch the game in other Asian countries including China and Japan as well as North America and Europe.
Source : english.chosun.com/si...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.