"The King" and "Confidential Assignment", which were released on the 18th of January, have been competing for first and second place of the box office. Jo In-sung and Jung Woo-sung star in "The King" and Hyun Bin and Yoo Hae-jin star in "Confidential Assignment". First of all, the two movies are based on popular actors. However, they have different genres and they are based in different settings. We compare these movies.
"The King" digs the truth out of prosecutors who have mighty power. We can see the modern history of the 1980s to the year 2000. 99% of prosecutors in this world live normal lives, but this movie is about the other 1%.
"Confidential Assignment" North Korean detective Rim Chil-ryeong (Hyun Bin) and South Korean detective Kang Jin-tae (Yoo Hae-jin) team up to solve a case. Watching this charismatic and clumsy cop working together is already good enough reason to watch this movie.
2. Key points
"The King" satire humor
"The King" openly criticizes the social issues of today. It talks about the past presidents of this country and uses footage from the past. Don't be surprised by 'his' surprise appearance.
"Confidential Assignment" comic action
They shoot and they run. They even fly. This movie is full of fancy action that will keep you on the edge of your seats. Yoo Hae-jin will be in charge of your laughter.
3. A good looking cast
The movie is all about Jo In-sung. He looks good in a suit and even a shower gown but most of all it's his eyes that do the trick.
He's cold looking but warm on the inside and he is a fighting master. He fights againt 17 people at once and even beats someone with wet tissue paper. On top of that, he's handsome.
4. Attractive bad guys
He claims he's the history maker of Korea reminds us of someone. His looks are too good to be realistic in a movie but the way he shouts "Dae-joong, Dae-joong!" is also very humane.
He's the leader of a North Korean gang organization but he's too hot to hate. His charisma is all in the eyes and he's not the person we used to think he was.
5. Comic actors
He's good with tempo control indeed. He's the typical 'right hand man' but he comes into sight at once. He says, "My daughter, I'm sorry!" and that's his own ad-lib.
Yoo Hae-jin soon means laughter. He is successful at being funny and making everyone laugh. His chemistry with Hyeon-bin is also something else to look out for.
6. Scene stealers
"Who is that female prosecutor?" She's not familiar looking but she was impressive in the movie. She's good at playing with people and getting what she wants out of them. All in all, she stands on the side of justice.
She has a huge crush on someone and she's almost embarassing to look at but it's okay because she's Yoona. She's lovable. She plays a very unruly girl, but she's impressively funny.
We thought he'd be squished between major actors Jung Woo-sung and Jo In-sung. However, what a twist! Ryu Jun-yeol stands out more than anyone else in the movie. He might be a bit awkward using the dialect but Choi Doo-il is one attractive and loyal gangster.
Hyun Bin stands out in the movie thanks to the fancy action that involves flying around between buildings and hanging onto cars. Apparently he mastered the sistema martial arts for this movie and he's just so good at it.
Recommended - If you want to watch a movie with a friend
If you are sick and tired of the country today
If you want to look back in moden history
Nonrecommended - If you are a fan of Park Geun-hye
If you are Woo Byeong-woo, Kim Ki-choon, Jin Kyeong-joon or someone like that
Recommended - If you want to watch a movie with your family
If you want to feel touched
If you are looking for a fun movie
If you just want to laugh your head off
Nonrecommended - If you are allergic to North Korea
If you are hoping for something more serious
Source : entertain.naver.com/m...Copy & paste guideline for this article
""The King VS "Confidential Assignment""
by HanCinema is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work from this source
[Spoiler] "Blow Breeze" Lee Hwi-hyang throws water on Im Soo-hyang
Lee Hwi-hyang knew Im Soo-hyang hid the fact about her daughter but didn't make her get divorced b,...More
Korean Box Office for the Weekend 2017.02.03 ~ 2017.02.05
The number one movie this week is "Confidential Assignment" (공조),...More
[Spoiler] "Father, I'll Take Care of You" Lee Soo-kyung cries over break up with Kim Jae-won
Lee Soo-kyung cried after Kim Jae-won broke up with her. On the twenty-fifth episode of the MBC w,...More
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$0.99 monthly or US$7.99 yearly (you can cancel anytime). The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.