Directed by Lee Sang-woo-III (이상우)
Screenplay by Lee Sang-woo-III (이상우)86min | Release date in South Korea : 2010/06/23
The Korean war does not start well for the US. They are being routed by the North Koreans and despite US reinforcements from Tokyo, the US army is making a hasty disorganized retreat to the southern-most city of Pusan. On the path to Pusan is the village of Jogunri, near the village of Nogunri. The US Army orders all the villagers out of Jogunri, warning them that the North Korean army is coming. Some 500 villagers make their way, children on their backs, leading ox carts laden with belongings. But word is circulating among the US forces that Northern soldiers may be hiding among the civilian refugees. As the Jogunri villagers approach Nogunri, an American airplane suddenly swoops in and strafes and bombs the civilians, killing many. In the ensuing chaos, the US soldiers force the remaining 400 villagers into a cave under a bridge. The US soldiers then open fire. In the end, only 25 manage to survive the massacre. This film is based on real events and on the book, The Bridge at Nogunri written by the Pulitzer Prize winning journalist team that broke the story in 2000.
Mini Documentary Teasing
Main Cast Interviews
8 Years of Miraculous Production Steps
|86 min •35mm •Panoramic (1.85)|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.
Drama of the week