Directed by Hong Sang-soo (홍상수)
Screenplay by Hong Sang-soo (홍상수)144min | Release date in South Korea : 2008/02/28
Seung-nam, an award-winning painter and married man in his early forties, shows up with his big traveling bag at the airport in Paris. He’s fleeing from an arrest after smoking marijuana while he was drunk at a coincidental gathering. In the 14th district of Paris, he takes refuge at a run-down lodge owned by a Korean. Apart from wandering the streets and prowling in the park, he seems to have nothing else to do. He coincidentally meets his ex-girlfriend Min-sun on the street, but their reunion really doesn’t ignite any interest for him. His love and worries for his wife whom he left alone follows him around like his wallet. Seung-nam is introduced to Hyun-joo, a student studying art in Paris, and her roommate Yoo-jeong. Sung-nam falls headlong for Yoo-jeong’s neat and sharp beauty and mind-boggling mysteriousness. Seung-nam tries to adapt to this unfamiliar city, but like walking into a dark cave, he falls deep for Yoo-jeong and Paris.
International Film Festivals
2008 Berlin International Film Festival , Competition
DVD (First Press Limited Edition) (En Sub)
Blu-ray (Normal Edition) (En Sub)
Blu-ray (First Press Limited Edition) (En Sub)
DVD (US) (En Sub)
DVD US (En Sub)
|144 min •Beta •Panoramic (1.85)|
|Festival(s) & award(s)|
|Sales or release dates & Box Office|
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.