Koreas Jinro soju has been named the best-selling liquor in the world by the U.K.-based trade magazine Drinks International. Jinro sold 61.4 million boxes (nine liters per box) or 1.53 billion bottles of the traditional Korean spirit in the world last year. One box comprises 25 360-milliter bottles, which is common in Korea.
Second was Smirnoffs Vodka with 24.7 million boxes and the third was Lotte Liquors soju of Korea with 23.9 million boxes, or 597.5 million bottles. Jinro and Lotte sold a combined 2.13 billion bottles of soju were sold last year. Jinro has been dominating the spirit market for a decade.
Among whiskey brands popular among Koreans, Johnnie Walker ranked eighth in sales with 18 million boxes, Swedish Absolut 16th with 11.21 million, and Jack Daniels 19th with 10.58 million.
Liquor, including soju, whiskey, vodka, gin, tequila, rum and brandy, are considered one of the top three alcoholic beverages along with beer and wine.
Source : english.donga.com/srv...
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- Do not post sexist, racist, homophobic or other hateful and discriminatory content.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be moderated or erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in warnings followed by blacklisting upon non-compliance.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.