World-renowned figure skater Kim Yuna leaves deep impressions not only on the ice, but through her many advertisements.
According to a report on the most memorable ad model for the first half of 2011 conducted by government organizations, Kim came out on top with 10.5% of the votes. This is her third win after being number one in 2009 and 2010.
Actor Hyeon Bin who swept Korea by storm with his character in the drama "Secret Garden" and is now serving the Marine Corps was in second place with 9.8%. Lee Seung-gi, considered one of the biggest faces on TV for his roles in "1 Night 2 Days", "Strong Heart", and various dramas, was a close third with 9.2%.
Considered the all-around perfect woman, Kim Tae-hee was fourth with 4.7%, Ko Hyun-jung aka "Skin Beauty" was next with 3.3%. Won Bin, having blown everyone away with his acting in "The Man From Nowhere" was selected as 6th place with 3.2%. Another athlete, soccer player Cha Doo-ri was at 7th with 2.4%.
8th place with 2.3% went to singer IU, noted for her three octave vocal skills, 9th to international soccer star Park Ji-sung with 2.2%, and Kang Ho-dong, the nation's MC was 10th with 2%.
The Korean Broadcasting Advertisement Corporation has been conducting such studies every year from 1999 on with a sample of 6,000 Koreans. However, 2011's survey was conducted among 3,000 participants.
- Stay on topic and do not spam.
- Emoticons are fun, but actual thoughts are appreciated.
- Refrain from abusive language.
- Post only in English, as this is an English language community.
- Do not share pages or media unrelated to the topic you are commenting on.
- Do not request or mention illegal download/streaming services.
- No graphic content allowed.
- Respect the right of other users to share their opinion. Arguments are welcome, fights are not.
Comments which break the rules will be erased. Repeated rule breaking will result in blacklisting.
Subscribe to HanCinema Pure to remove ads from the website (not for episode and movie videos) for US$2.99 per month (you can cancel anytime).
The first step is to be a member, please click here : Sign up, then a subscribe button will show up.